Orlando Assault Defense Lawyer
Relentlessly Fighting Criminal Charges
Have you been accused of committing assault? If you or someone you know was arrested for assault, you need to take this matter very seriously. As you face the criminal justice system, our highly skilled Orlando assault defense attorney can make a real difference in the outcome of your case.
At any stage of your case – even before formal charges are filed – our firm can provide the legal counsel to which you are entitled. Both misdemeanor and felony assault charges carry severe and potentially life-altering penalties. If you have any previous violent crime convictions on your record, you may face even more severe penalties.
Protect your rights and your future. Contact our firm at (407) 410-3173 for a free case evaluation.
Assault Charges in Florida
In Florida, assault is defined as a crime involving a threat that causes a victim to fear imminent harm – it does not necessarily involve any physical contact between the victim and the offender. If the offender does make physical contact with the victim, they could be charged with battery.
Florida law recognizes two types of assault: simple and aggravated. Simple assault is a second-degree misdemeanor that can result in up to 60 days in jail and up to $500 in fines. Aggravated assault is a third-degree felony that can result in up to five years in jail and up to $5,000 in fines.
The following factors may influence the severity of assault charges and potential penalties:
- Whether a firearm or other deadly weapon was used
- Whether the victim suffered significant bodily harm
- Whether the victim was a peace officer, government employee, child, or doctor
- The type of attack or act that was carried out upon the victim
- Whether the act was committed as a result of criminal negligence
Protect Your Rights with an Experienced Assault Defense Lawyer
If you have been charged with assault in Florida, it is crucial to have a skilled and experienced defense lawyer on your side. At the Law Offices of Jose E. Lopez, P.A., we understand the serious consequences that assault charges can have on your life and future. Our dedicated team of legal professionals is committed to relentlessly fighting for your rights and providing you with the best possible defense.
Why choose us as your Orlando assault defense lawyer:
- Extensive experience: With years of experience in criminal defense, we have successfully handled numerous assault cases in Orlando and throughout Florida.
- Personalized approach: We understand that every case is unique, and we take the time to thoroughly analyze the details of your situation to develop a tailored defense strategy.
- Strong track record: Our Orlando firm has a proven track record of achieving favorable results for our clients, including dismissals, reduced charges, and acquittals.
- Compassionate support: Our compassionate attorneys understand that facing assault charges can be overwhelming, and we are here to provide you with compassionate support and guidance throughout the legal process.
Don't face assault charges alone. Contact the Orlando assault attorneys at the Law Offices of Jose E. Lopez, P.A. today to schedule a consultation and discuss your defense options.
Assault & Battery Lawyer Near Me
When you consider the serious nature of assault charges, there is no substitute for experience in the courtroom. To protect your rights and your future, be sure to enlist the support of a trusted Orlando assault defense lawyer. Attorney Lopez is dedicated to providing effective solutions for your legal needs.
Call (407) 410-3173 today to schedule your free consultation.